Special Situations or Conditions
Your situation or condition can give you a special reason to quit.
- Pregnant women/new mothers. By quitting, you protect your baby's health and your own.
- Hospitalized patients. By quitting, you reduce health problems and help healing.
- Heart attack patients. By quitting, you reduce your risk of a second heart attack.
- Lung, head, and neck cancer patients. By quitting, you reduce your chance of a second cancer.
- Parents of children and adolescents. By quitting, you protect your children and adolescents from illnesses caused by secondhand smoke and reduce the likelihood that they will start to smoke.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348