Questions to Think About
Think about the following questions before you try to stop smoking. You may want to talk about your answers with your health care provider.
- Why do you want to quit?
- When you tried to quit in the past, what helped and what didn't?
- What will be the most difficult situations for you after you quit? How will you plan to handle them?
- Who can help you through the tough times? Your family? Friends? Health care provider?
- What pleasures do you get from smoking? What ways can you still get pleasure if you quit?
Here are some questions to ask your health care provider.
- How can you help me be successful at quitting?
- What medication do you think would be best for me and how should I take it?
- What should I do if I need more help?
- What is smoking withdrawal like? How can I get information on withdrawal?
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348