PRC Partnership Trust Tool
1) Survey: Participants complete an anonymous survey and rate their experiences and expectations of their partners’ behaviors related to various components of trust.
2) Facilitated Discussion: Partners meet for 4–6 hours and a facilitator leads them through a guided discussion based on survey results.Although the PTT helps partners describe trust in their relationships, it is not an assessment tool or scale for measuring trust. PRC Program Logic Model as a motivating condition in the PRC research process. Although the success of a PRC may depend on its ability to develop and maintain partnerships built on trust, addressing such a sensitive issue with partners is challenging. The PTT helps PRCs spark dialogue and helps align partners’ perceptions about trust, which may help partners function together effectively to reach their ultimate goals of improving health and eliminating health inequalities. focus groups and guidance from PRCs’ community, academic, public health partners, and PRC Program office staff. The PTT was pilot-tested with several PRCs to assess the tool’s components (survey and facilitated discussion), the efficiency of the process and activities, the effectiveness of the facilitator, and the instruction materials developed to help PRCs use the tool on their own. For more information about the pilot test, contact the PRC Program office at email@example.com.
- Involves all partners—community, academic, health department, or others.
- Helps in planning evaluation activities that relate to partner relationships.
- Helps partners identify sensitive issues related to trust and develop a plan for resolving concerns.
- Helps PRCs document progress in developing partnerships based on trust.
PTT Users Manual (PDF-539KB)#
PTT Users Manual Appendices
a. Partnership Trust Tool Survey (DOC-2.1MB | PDF-372KB)#
b. Facilitated Discussion Guide (PDF-383KB)#
c. Sample Invitation Letter (DOC-845KB | PDF-233KB)#
d. Data Summary Excel Spreadsheets (XLS-207KB)#
e. Appreciative Inquiry Diagram (PDF-18KB)#
f. Summary Table (PDF-89K)#
# The contents of these materials have not been formally disseminated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and should not be construed to represent any agency determination or policy.