Mark your calendars for the
PREVENTION RESEARCH CENTERS
Annual Program Meeting
Achieving Dissemination Success
March 12-14, 2007
Westin Peachtree Plaza
This year’s meeting, focusing on dissemination research and the dissemination of effective interventions, will advance the discussion among the Prevention Research Centers, CDC programs, public health agencies, and communities concerned with getting proven practices into wide use. Contribute to a lunchtime roundtable discussion, join the town hall meeting, or hear the latest developments on research progress around the country. Leading investigators from all 33 Prevention Research Centers will be present.
Program highlights are below; the full agenda will be distributed by February 1.
DAY 1: Ancillary meetings by invitation only.
- Full-day communications workshop
- Meetings of the cardiovascular health network and a proposed Latino health network
- Meeting of the PRC National Community Committee
- Keynote speaker Lawrence W. Green of the University of California at San Francisco
- Fast-tracking interventions through collaboration among academia, public agencies, and funding organizations
- Dissemination research: the state of the science
Recommendations for addressing health disparities
WHO/PAHO’s regional strategy for non-communicable diseases
- Semi-annual PRC business meeting
- Report from the National Community Committee
- Presentations by PRC Program minority fellows
Discussion of community readiness
For further information contact the program office at firstname.lastname@example.org.