NCC Strategic Framework
National Community Committee (NCC) members represent the people and partner organizations across the PRC Program’s diverse communities. The committee supports an environment in which members
- Collaborate to influence health research.
- Inspire life-changing projects in neighborhoods.
- Share ideas about being a bridge between researchers and community members.
- Feel comfortable discussing the challenges of working with academic partners.
- Voice their hopes and concerns.
As a demonstration of its commitment to the communities that collaborate in research, the NCC developed the following statements of vision and mission:
The NCC is a national network of community representatives engaged in equitable partnerships with researchers to define local health priorities, drive prevention research agendas, and develop solutions to improve the overall health and quality of life of all communities.
The NCC is dedicated to helping build capacity in communities within local PRCs that were not traditionally involved in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of prevention research initiatives by
- Developing and facilitating education, training, resource sharing, and technical assistance opportunities that encourage and enhance participation in research activities.
- Creating a supportive and culturally relevant environment in which representatives can share successes, concerns, and other lessons learned.
- Advocating for policy change.
- Making recommendations to advance the work of individual community representatives, local centers, and the national PRC Program.