- National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians (NASPHV). Compendium of measures to prevent disease associated with animals in public settings, 2005. MMWR 54(RR04):1-12
- Guerrant RL, Walker DH, Weller PF (eds). Tropical Infectious Diseases: Principles, Pathogens, and Practice, 2nd Edition. Philadelphia 2006. Pp 1336-1339.
- Molina CP, Ogburn J, Adegboyega P. Infection by Dipylidium caninum in an Infant. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2003:127e:e157-159.
- Ferraris S, Reverso E, Pacciana Parravicini L, Ponzone A. Dipylidium caninum in an infant. Eur J Ped 1993:152;702
- Chappel CL, Penn HM. Dipylidium caninum, an underrecognized infection in infants and children. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1990:9:745-747.