- Opportunity Posting Notes
- Steps to Find Opportunities and Download Application Package
- Find Opportunity and Download Application Package FAQs
- HHS/CDC will continue to use Requests for Applications (RFAs) and Program Announcements (PAs), but all solicitations will be referred to as Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) in Grants.gov
- FOAs will continue to be posted in the NIH Guide for Research
Grants, if requested by the funding Center/Institute/Office
(CIO) within CDC (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/)
- Button added to the NIH Guide announcements allowing applicants to access the Grants.gov application package directly from the NIH Guide
- FOAs will simultaneously be posted to Grants.gov along with the appropriate application package
- All grant applications must be submitted in response to an FOA.
Note: In order to view application packages and instructions, you will need to download and install the PureEdge Viewer on your machine. Please make sure PureEdge is installed on your local machine before proceeding.
- www.grants.gov is the official publication location for HHS/CDC FOAs.
- Once on www.grants.gov, applicants may click on “Find Grant Opportunities” to “Search Grant Opportunities.” Applicants may then choose one of the targeted search options, or select the “Advanced Search” feature for the greatest flexibility.
- The “Advanced Search” feature provides many options to narrow your search. Enter your search criteria and click on the “Search” button.
- Identify a FOA of interest and click on the opportunity title to open the announcement. A brief synopsis provides an overview of project details. The full-length FOA may be accessed by clicking “Full Announcement.”
- Carefully read the announcement. Application packages are opportunity-specific (i.e., you cannot use an application completed for one opportunity to apply for another), so confirm that you have chosen the correct FOA before you download and complete the application package.
- To access application forms, click “How to Apply.” Ensure that PureEdge viewer, the free download software, is installed on your personal computer in order to view and complete forms; then, download instructions and application. The Grants.gov Download Opportunity Instructions and Applications page provides an option to sign-up to receive notification of changes to the application package. The page also includes the links that allow you to download both the Application Instructions (i.e., the full FOA) and the actual Application Package.
- When filling out mandatory documents, save each time information is added to the package.
- When all mandatory documents are completed, move them to the “Mandatory Completed Documents” section. After checking the package for errors, the applicant organization’s Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) may submit.
- The AOR will receive a tracking number from Grants.gov; print this page for the organizational application files.
- CDC and Grants.gov will together respond to the AOR when the CDC has received the application package.
- The NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts (often referred to as the NIH Guide) is an additional publication option for HHS/CDC research FOAs. Click the “Apply for Grant Electronically” button contained in the FOA to access Grants.gov, and follow the steps listed above to proceed with electronic application.