The NIOSH Division of Compensation Analysis and Support (DCAS)* conducts activities to assist claimants and support the role of the Secretary of Health and Human Services under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act of 2000 (The Act).
Our Web site changes frequently as we update and add new information. We encourage you to use the "refresh" or "reload" feature on your Web browser to ensure that you are viewing the current version of our Web site.
*Formerly known as the NIOSH Office of Compensation Analysis and Support (OCAS)
FAQ for December
Each month we feature a FAQ that captures comments and
concerns that we sometimes receive from claimants. Additional
FAQs on a variety of topics similar to the one listed
below can be found on our Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Top of Page
- Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation (DEEOIC) EEOICPA Covered Facility List Now Available
The Department of Energy's Web site, which contains the EEOICPA Covered Facility List Database, is now available. The new address of the covered facility database is:
EEOICPA Covered Facility List Database
- Notice of Revision of Guidelines on Non-Radiogenic Cancers
In a notice of proposed rulemaking published in the Federal Register on March 21, 2011,
the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) proposed to treat chronic lymphocytic
leukemia (CLL) as a radiogenic cancer under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness
Compensation Program Act of 2000 (EEOICPA) (76 FR 15268). On February 6, 2012, the final
rule was published. Under the final rule, CLL will now be treated as being potentially
caused by radiation and as potentially compensable under EEOICPA. This reverses the
earlier decision by HHS to exclude this cancer from consideration. This change will
become effective on March 7, 2012.
- NIOSH Announces Intention to Review Scientific and Administrative Issues Pertaining to EEOICPA Program Responsibilities
NIOSH announced that as the tenth anniversary of The Act approaches, it is an appropriate time to evaluate our progress in carrying out our responsibilities under The Act. In addition, NIOSH intends to evaluate how we are poised to meet ongoing and potential future needs.
More information can be found on the Ten Year Review of the Scientific and Administrative Issues Pertaining to NIOSH Program Responsibilities under EEOICPA page of our Web site.
- Begin a scientific and administrative review of responsibilities under EEOICPA. This review will include:
- The performance of the three regulations adopted by NIOSH to carry out the purposes of The Act
- The scientific issues that have arisen during the past 10 years that have impacted
- The process for dose reconstruction
- The process for adding new members to the SEC
- The administrative processes used by NIOSH to carry out its responsibilities under The Act
- Other issues that have been brought to the attention of NIOSH by stakeholders
- Initiate a national search for a new director of DCAS.
- Stuart Hinnefeld, Technical Program Manager in DCAS, assumed the duties of DCAS Director
Top of Page
About Our Web Site
DCAS expects a wide variety of people to visit this Web
site. Therefore, we have included as much information
as possible on DCAS, our activities, and The Act. Our Web site changes frequently as we update and add new information.
We encourage you to use the "refresh" or "reload" feature on your Web
browser to ensure that you are viewing the current version of our Web
If you are having difficulty navigating our Web site, the Web Site Navigation Help page provides information on our site layout, navigation and viewing tips, how to search our site, and how to get help and submit feedback on the site. If you
have any questions or still have problems finding the information
you need, please contact us at 513-533-6800 (toll-free
at 1-877-222-7570) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you would like to receive email messages notifying you of when an update to our Web site has occurred, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Top of Page
This Web site was last updated on Tuesday, December 17, 2013.
List of the specific items included in the update.