NIOSH Public Docket
When an agency of the federal government develops a rule, a formal record of that process is kept. The record, called a "docket," includes copies of all public comments the agency received in developing the rule, all references cited in the rule, and other relevant information.
The NIOSH Docket is a repository of policy products (documents, policy responses, testimony, and other types of NIOSH policy statements) and related materials. Any information submitted to the NIOSH Docket is considered public information. The docket includes:
- Federal Register notices
- Comments submitted in response to NIOSH requests for information
- Transcripts of public meetings
- External peer review comments
- Reports, studies, and other reference material submitted in response to the development of NIOSH policy products.
Please note that copyrighted information is not available for download. Only bibliographic information has been provided for copyrighted material. Copyrighted material can be viewed and copied in the NIOSH Docket Office.
Searching the NIOSH Public Docket
You can search for dockets by title or number on the NIOSH Docket page. Public comments on documents related to the NIOSH Dose Reconstruction Program (e.g., rules and regulations, technical documents) can also be found below.
Rules and Regulations
- Docket 003: Public Docket for 42 CFR 81 (Probability of Causation)
- Docket 004: Public Docket for 42 CFR 82 (Dose Reconstruction)
- Docket 006: Public Docket for 42 CFR 83 (Special Exposure Cohort)
- Docket 194: Radiation Dose Reconstruction Review
- Docket 209: Guidelines for Determining Probability of Causation Under the Act of 2000; Revision of Guidelines on Non-Radiogenic Cancers (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia - CLL)
Work Site Documents
To view public comments received on a particular work site document (e.g., Site Profile, Technical Basis Document, Technical Information Bulletin), please refer to the individual site pages. Each page includes a section for public comments on the work site's documents.
A complete list of work sites can be found on our List of Work Sites page.
- Division of Compensation Analysis and Support (DCAS)
- (513) 533-6800
- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO