Key Statistics from the National Survey of Family Growth
- Parity - See Births (mothers) and Births (fathers)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pill (oral contraceptive pill)
- Premarital sex
Percent that ever used the contraceptive patch among women 15-44 years of age who have ever had intercourse, 2006-2008: 10.0%
|Percent of women 15-44 years of age who have ever been treated for PID||5.1%||4.2%|
|Percent of women 40-44 years of age who have ever been treated for PID||8.0%||5.1%|
2Special tabulation by NCHS
- Percent of women 15-44 years of age in 2006-2008 who have ever used the oral contraceptive pill: 82.3% (43.8 million).
- Percent of women 15-44 years of age in 2006-2008 who are currently using the pill: 17.3% (10.7 million).
Percent of ever-married men and women who ever had premarital intercourse:
|Women (15-44 years of age)||84.9%||86.4%|
|Men (20-44 years of age)||91.3%||90.6%|
3Special tabulation by NCHS