HIV Surveillance Reports
HIV Surveillance Reports
The annual HIV Surveillance Report provides an overview on the current epidemiology of HIV disease in the United States and dependent areas. CDC funds state and territorial health departments to collect surveillance data on persons diagnosed with HIV infection; all personal identifiers are removed from these data before being transmitted to CDC via a secure data network. Data are analyzed by CDC and then displayed by age, race, sex, transmission category, and jurisdiction (where appropriate). Prior to the 2008 reporting year, the report was referred to as the HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report. The report is published annually in late summer or early fall.
Diagnoses of HIV Infection in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2013
- HIV in the United States: At A Glance
- Updated Slide Set: HIV Surveillance - Epidemiology of HIV Infection PDF PPT
- Updated Surveillance Brief: Surveillance Systems Supported by the Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Updated Surveillance Brief: Terms, Definitions, and Calculations Used in CDC HIV Surveillance Publications
HIV Surveillance Supplemental Reports are based on data from CDC’s National HIV Surveillance System and are issued intermittently. The Enhanced HIV/AIDS Reporting System (eHARS) is a browser-based, CDC-developed application that assists health departments with reporting, data management, analysis, and transfer of data to CDC. Prior to volume 15, the report was referred to as the HIV/AIDS Surveillance Supplemental Report.
- Volume 20, Number 2: Monitoring Selected National HIV Prevention and Care Objectives by Using HIV Surveillance Data United States and 6 Dependent Areas—2013
- Volume 20, Number 1: HIV/AIDS Data through December 2012: Provided for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, for Fiscal Year 2014
- Volume 19, Number 3: Monitoring Selected National HIV Prevention and Care Objectives by Using HIV Surveillance Data — United States and 6 Dependent Areas — 2012
- Volume 19, Number 2: Social Determinants of Health among Adults with Diagnosed HIV Infection in 20 States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, 2010
- Volume 19, Number 1: HIV/AIDS Data through December 2011: Provided for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009, for Fiscal Year 2013
HIV Surveillance Special Reports are based on data collected by CDC through special studies and surveys. They are not based on HARS data and they appear intermittently. Prior to number 6, the report was referred to as the HIV/AIDS Surveillance Special Report.
- Number 11: HIV Infection, Risk, Prevention, and Testing Behaviors among Persons Who Inject Drugs - National HIV Behavioral Surveillance: 20 U.S. Cities, 2012
- Number 10: Behavioral and Clinical Characteristics of Persons Receiving Medical Care for HIV Infection, Medical Monitoring Project, United States, 2011
HIV Surveillance Technical Reports are based on non-CDC data, i.e., data that are not collected or managed by CDC. These reports also appear intermittently. Prior to volume 2, the report was referred to as the HIV/AIDS Surveillance Technical Report.
- Consultation Summary: Consultation on Advancing HIV Incidence Surveillance Summary
- MMWR: HIV Surveillance — United States, 1981–2008
- MMWR: Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance—United States, 2013
- MMWR: HIV Infection Among Young Black Men Who Have Sex with Men—Jackson, Mississippi, 2006–2008
- MMWR: HIV Prevalence Estimates—United States, 2006
- MMWR: Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance—United States, 2011
- MMWR: Surveillance Summary: Human Immunodeficiency Virus HIV Risk, Prevention, and Testing Behaviors—United States, National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System: Men Who Have Sex with Men, November 2003–April 2005
- Surveillance System: Men Who Have Sex with Men, November 2003–April 2005
- HIV Prevalence Trends in Selected Populations in the United States: Results from National Serosurveillance, 1993–1997
- National HIV Prevalence Surveys, 1997 Summary
- National HIV Serosurveillance Summary, Results through 1993
- National HIV Serosurveillance Summary, Results through 1992