Welcome to CDC's Gateway to communication practice and social marketing! Here you can access many resources to help build your health communication or social marketing campaigns and programs. Whether you are looking for tips for analyzing and segmenting an audience, choosing appropriate channels and tools, or evaluating the success of your messages or campaigns, it's all here in one place!
- Audience - Identify, segment, select and target audiences to tailor your health messages.
- Campaigns - CDC campaigns plus other health communication materials and interventions.
- Channels - All the channels to distribute, deliver, and promote outreach strategy.
- Entertainment Education - consultation and resources for writers and producers developing health storylines.
- Research & Evaluation - Formative and summative research plus evaluation tools for health communication programs.
- Risk Communication - Principles of risk and crisis response, CERC, issues management during emergencies.
- Tools & Templates - CDCynergy, social media, health literacy, and template shortcuts.
CDCynergy Lite is an updated version based on the original Social Marketing Edition of CDCynergy, and is intended for those who have previous social marketing experience. It is based on best practice social marketing principles, and will assist you in developing, implementing, and evaluating an effective social marketing plan.
What do we mean by health communication, social marketing, and health marketing? How do you find the tools you need to develop a communication plan or social marketing campaign? Most importantly, how do you know if it works? If you are new to the field, Health Communication Basics can help you design and evaluate your campaigns and communication projects to achieve the maximum success.
- New Entertainment Education Tip Sheets - Radiation Emergencies, Radiation: Ionizing Radiation and Diagnostic Exams, and Radon
- Health Communication Science Digest – August Issue Released!
- The CDC Clear Communnication Index
- Revised Social Media Toolkit [2.5 MB, 59 pages]
- Cultural Insight – How to Communicate w/ Hispanics/Latinos [1.2 MB, 23 pages]
- Page last reviewed: July 31, 2014
- Page last updated: July 31, 2014
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Division of Public Affairs (DPA), Office of the Associate Director for Communication (OADC)