Public Health Genomics Program Review
7.0 Publication List
This section provides a list of all scientific articles by OPHG staff published in peerreviewed journals in FY2007.
- Goddard KAB, Moore C, Ottman D, Bradley L, Khoury MJ. Awareness and use of direct to consumer nutrigenomic tests, United States, 2006. Genet Med (in press).
- Gwinn M, Bowen S, Khoury MJ. Genomics and public health: tools for the 21st century. MMWR 2006;55 (suppl 2):20-21.
- Hariri S, Valdez R, Moonesinghe R, Khoury MJ. Evaluation of family history as a risk factor and screening tool for detecting undiagnosed diabetes in a nationally representative survey population. Genet Med 2006;8:752-759.
- Khoury MJ, Gwinn M, Little J, Ioannidis JP. On the interpretation and synthesis of consistent but weak genetic association in the era of genome-wide association studies. Int J Epidemiol 2006 (epub).
- Khoury MJ, Romero R. The integration of genomics into obstetrics and gynecology: a HuGE challenge. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006;195:1503-1505.
- Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. Genomics, epidemiology and common complex diseases: let’snot throw out the baby with the bathwater. Int J Epidemiol 2006; 35:1363-4.
- Davis RL, Khoury MJ. The emergence of biobanks: practical design considerations for large population-based studies of gene-environment interactions. Comm Genet 2007(in press).
- El-Serag H, Khoury MJ, Lewis JD. HuGE reviews and meta-analysis of geneassociation studies. Gastroenterology 2007;132:839-840.
- Goddard KAB, Moore C, Ottman D, Szegda KL, Bradley L, Khoury MJ. Awareness and use of direct-to-consumer nutrigenomic tests, United States, 2006. Genet Med. 2007 Aug;9(8):510-7.
- Gwinn M, Khoury MJ. Dermatology and the human genome: and epidemiologic approach. Arch Dermatology (2007 in press).
- Janssens ACJW, Moonesinghe R, Yang, Q, Steyerberg EW, van Dujin CM, Khoury MJ. The impact of genotype frequencies on the clinical predictive value of genomicprofiling for susceptibility to common complex diseases. Genet Med 2007 (in press).
- Khoury MJ, Gwinn M, Bowen MS. Genomics and public health research. (letter to theeditor) JAMA. 2007 June;297(21):2347.
- Khoury MJ, Little J, Higgins J, Ioannidis JP, Gwinn M. The need for high quality systematic reviews and meta analyses of genetic associations. (letter to the editor) PLoS Medicine 2007 (April 16) online at: (http://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=readresponse& doi=10.1371/journal.pmed.0040147#r1573)
- Khoury MJ, Little J, Higgins J, Ioannidis JP, Gwinn M. Reporting of systematic reviews: the challenge of genetic association studies. PLoS Med 2007 Jun 26;4(6):e211.
- Moonesinghe R, Khoury MJ, Jansenns AJW. Most published research findings are false - but a little replication goes a long way. PLoS Medicine 2007 Feb;4(2):e28:218- 220.
- Rebbeck TR, Khoury MJ, Potter JD. Genetic association studies of cancer: where dowe go from here? CEBP 2007;16:864-865.
- Seminara D, Khoury MJ, O’Brien T et al. The emergence of networks in humangenome epidemiology: challenges and opportunities. Epidemiology 2007;18:1-8.
- Valdez R, Greenlund KJ, Khoury MJ, Yoon PW. Is family history a useful tool for detecting children at risk for diabetes and cardiovascular diseases? A public healthperspective. Pediatrics 2007; 120 Suppl 2: 78-86.
- Valdez R, Yoon P, Liu K, Khoury MJ. Family history and prevalence of diabetes in the U.S. population: 6-year results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES 1999-2004). Diabetes Care 2007;30:2517-2522.
- Yu W, Yesupriya A, Wulf A, Qu J, Gwinn M, Khoury MJ. An automatic method to generate domain-specific investigator networks using PubMed abstracts. BMC MedInform Decis Mak 2007 Jun 20;7(1):17.
- Austin H, Key NS, Benson JM, Lally C, Dowling NF, Whitsett C, and Hoopers WC. Sickle cell trait and the risk of venous thromboembolism among blacks. Blood2007;110(3):908-912.