Additional Information Regarding Influenza Virus Prevention and Infection Control Among Specific Populations
Guidance on the Use of Influenza Antiviral Agents
(Current for the 2013-14 Influenza Season)
Recommendations for Infection Control of Influenza in Health Care Facilities are available.
Each year, ACIP provides general, annually updated information regarding prevention and control of influenza. The following additional guidance on antiviral treatment of influenza and other reports related to controlling and preventing influenza among specific populations (e.g., immunocompromised persons, health care personnel, hospital patients, pregnant women, children, and travelers) are available:
- CDC. Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) — United States, 2013-2014. MMWR. 2013; 62(RR-07): 1-43.
- CDC. Immunization of health-care personnel: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR. 2011; 60 (RR-7); 1-45.
- CDC. Guidelines for preventing health-care--associated pneumonia, 2003: recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. MMWR. 2004; 53(RR-3): 1-36.
- CDC. Prevention Strategies for Seasonal Influenza in Healthcare Settings.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee on Obstetric Practice. ACOG Committee Opinion No. 468: Influenza vaccination during pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116(4): 1006--7.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Infectious Diseases. Policy Statement—Recommendations for Prevention and Control of Influenza in Children, 2010-2011.
- Food and Drug Administration. Influenza (Flu) Antiviral Drugs and Related Information.
- Food and Drug Administration. Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations [10.2 MB, 1298 pages].
- National Institutes of Health. Registry of federally and privately supported clinical trials conducted in the United States and around the world.
- Harper SA, Bradley JS, Englund JA, et al. Seasonal influenza in adults and children—diagnosis, treatment, chemoprophylaxis, and institutional outbreak management: clinical practice guidelines of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2009; 48: 1003-32.
- World Health Organization. WHO Guidelines for Pharmacological Management of Pandemic Influenza A(H1N1) 2009 and other Influenza Viruses. [540 KB, 32 pages, February 2010].