Information for Businesses & Employers
The single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get a yearly flu vaccine, but good health habits and antiviral medications are other measures that can be used to fight the flu. To help businesses, employers, and their employees learn about these strategies for preventing flu, CDC provides the following Toolkit, flyers, posters, and other materials to post and distribute in the workplace.
CDC Foundation Business Pulse
Business Pulse is an online resource that provides businesses and employees with guidance from the CDC on ways to prepare for the flu season.
Influenza causes thousands of deaths and billions of dollars in lost productivity each year in the United States. Learn from CDC how your business can help keep its employees healthy this flu season.
Businesses rely on CDC to solve global health threats and help protect workers from health emergencies, flu outbreaks, travel health risks, foodborne illnesses and many other health concerns. Learn about five important ways CDC keeps America healthy, safe and secure.
Materials for Businesses to Promote VaccinationMake It Your Business To Fight The Flu: A Toolkit for Businesses and Employers [Entire Toolkit, 3.1 MB, 15 pages, 7 ½” x 10”]
The purpose of “Make It Your Business To Fight The Flu: A Toolkit for Businesses and Employers” is to provide information and recommended strategies to help businesses and employers promote the 2015–2016 seasonal flu vaccine.
The Toolkit includes:
Learn what two strategies are recommended to businesses and employers this flu season.
Promoting Seasonal Flu Vaccination: A Checklist for Businesses and Employers [134 KB, 1 page, 7 ½” x 10”]
Use this checklist to get started.
Host a flu vaccine clinic in the workplace and use this flyer. Complete with fillable text boxes so you can add the location, date, and time of your flu vaccine clinic.
Encourage employees to get vaccinated at locations in the community. Navigate to the Flu Vaccine Finder website to find locations offering flu vaccine then update the flyer and post.
Share this flyer with employees to encourage flu vaccination. Consider posting this in the workplace, or copy and place in mailboxes or include in pay statements or newsletters.
Use this flyer with other workplace managers to kickoff discussions about flu vaccination planning.
Use this information to promote flu vaccination.
Helpful links for businesses and employers.
Promote flu vaccination using web technology
Take advantage of helpful materials for businesses to learn about seasonal flu, plus additional posters and brochures.
Promote flu vaccination using e-mail technology
- Business/Employers Influenza Toolkit Podcast
This podcast provides information about recommended strategies to help businesses and employers promote the 2015–2016 seasonal flu vaccine.
- CDC Seasonal Flu Website
- What You Should Know for the 2015-2016 Influenza Season
- What's New on Seasonal Flu
- Free Resources
- Seasonal Flu Video and Audio Tools
- National Influenza Vaccination Week
- Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine
- Questions and Answers: Seasonal Flu Shot
- Seasonal Flu Shot
- Preventing Seasonal Flu with Vaccination
- What You Should Know About Flu Antiviral Drugs [238 KB, 2 pages, 8 ½” x 11”]
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR): Place of Influenza Vaccination Among Adults
- FluVaxView – Influenza Vaccination Coverage
- National Business Group on Health, Vaccinating Against the Flu: A Business Case [133 KB, 1 page, 8 ½" x 11"]
Additional Print Materials
Select materials are free for order (under Flu Materials section).
- Page last reviewed: March 16, 2016
- Page last updated: March 16, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs