Information for Businesses & Employers
The single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get a yearly flu vaccine, but good health habits and antiviral medications are other measures that can be used to fight the flu. To help businesses, employers, and their employees learn about these strategies for preventing flu, CDC provides the following Toolkit, flyers, posters, and other materials to post and distribute in the workplace.
CDC Foundation Business Pulse
Business Pulse is an online resource that provides businesses and employees with guidance from the CDC on ways to prepare for the flu season.
Influenza causes thousands of deaths and billions of dollars in lost productivity each year in the United States. Learn from CDC how your business can help keep its employees healthy this flu season.
Businesses rely on CDC to solve global health threats and help protect workers from health emergencies, flu outbreaks, travel health risks, foodborne illnesses and many other health concerns. Learn about five important ways CDC keeps America healthy, safe and secure.
The Toolkit includes:
Learn what two strategies are recommended to businesses and employers this flu season.
Use this information to promote flu vaccination.
Helpful links for businesses and employers.
Promote flu vaccination using web technology
Promote flu vaccination using e-mail technology
- Business/Employers Influenza Toolkit Podcast
This podcast provides information about recommended strategies to help businesses and employers promote the 2016–2017 seasonal flu vaccine.
- CDC Seasonal Flu Website
- What You Should Know for the 2016-2017 Influenza Season
- What's New on Seasonal Flu
- Free Resources
- Seasonal Flu Video and Audio Tools
- National Influenza Vaccination Week
- Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine
- Preventing Seasonal Flu with Vaccination
- What You Should Know About Flu Antiviral Drugs [238 KB, 2 pages, 8 ½” x 11”]
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR): Place of Influenza Vaccination Among Adults
- FluVaxView – Influenza Vaccination Coverage
- National Business Group on Health, Vaccinating Against the Flu: A Business Case [133 KB, 1 page, 8 ½" x 11"]
Additional Print Materials
Select materials are free for order (under Flu Materials section).
- Page last reviewed: August 10, 2016
- Page last updated: August 10, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs