As flu season is wrapping up in the United States, other parts of the world are bracing for the start of their seasons. Thanks to CDC guidance and donations from Partnership for Influenza Vaccine Introduction (PIVI), this year Laos is vaccinating against seasonal influenza for the third year running, and Nicaragua is vaccinating pregnant women against flu for the second year in a row.
This season, thanks to a growing coalition of donors and facilitation by CDC, Laos is vaccinating against seasonal influenza for the second year running, and Nicaragua is expanding their existing flu vaccination program to pregnant women.
The December 15 'Influenza in Africa' supplement gives new data on the burden and epidemiology of seasonal flu in Africa and sheds light on the impact of the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, which tested many countries’ relatively new preparedness plans, laboratory networks and surveillance systems.
International Influenza Activity
- Weekly Flu Activity Reports Activity Summary
- Evaluation and Capacity Review Tools Surveillance Tools
- The African Network for Influenza Surveillance and Epidemiology (ANISE)
- Page last reviewed: May 29, 2014
- Page last updated: May 29, 2014
- Content source: