The Importance of Prevention
Teen pregnancy and childbearing bring substantial social and economic costs through immediate and long-term impacts on teen parents and their children.
Your teen needs your help in understanding his or her feelings, peer pressure, and how to say no if he or she does not want to have sex.
As a health care provider, you play a critical role in further reducing teen pregnancy rates through the care you provide to your adolescent patients.
Partners and Projects
News, Links & Related Publications
- CDC Profiles 2014 report: New data shows only a small percent of schools teach key HIV, STD & pregnancy prevention topics.
- Vital Signs: Repeat Births Among Teens—United States, 2007–2010. Source: MMWR 2013;62:1–7.
- Vital Signs – Preventing Repeat Teen Births [PODCAST - 01:15 seconds]
- Vital Signs – Preventing Repeat Teen Births [PSA - 0:60 seconds]
- Page last reviewed: December 11, 2015
- Page last updated: December 11, 2015
- Content source: