- Audience - Identify, segment, select and target audiences to tailor your health messages.
- Campaigns - CDC campaigns plus other health communication materials and interventions.
- Channels - All the channels to distribute, deliver, and promote outreach strategy.
- Health Literacy - Information and tools to improve health literacy and public health.
- Research & Evaluation - Formative and summative research plus evaluation tools for health communication programs.
- Risk Communication - Principles of risk and crisis response, CERC, issues management during emergencies.
- Tools & Templates - CDCynergy, social media, and template shortcuts.
CDC's Gateway to Communication and Social Marketing Practice provides resources to help build your health communication or social marketing campaigns and programs. Whether you are looking for tips for analyzing and segmenting an audience, choosing appropriate channels and tools, or evaluating the success of your messages or campaigns, it's all here in one place!
The CDC Clear Communication Index (Index) is a research-based tool to help you develop and assess public communication materials.The Index supports the efforts of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to comply with the Plain Writing Act of 2010 and achieve goals set forth in the National Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy and the CDC Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy.
Resources for Writers
CDC's Entertainment Education Program provides expert consultation, education and resources for writers and producers who develop scripts with health storylines.
- Page last reviewed: January 21, 2016
- Page last updated: January 21, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Division of Public Affairs (DPA), Office of the Associate Director for Communication (OADC)