Excessive alcohol use, including underage drinking and binge drinking (drinking 5 or more drinks on an occasion for men or 4 or more drinks on an occasion for women), can lead to increased risk of health problems such as injuries, violence, liver diseases, and cancer. The CDC Alcohol Program works to strengthen the scientific foundation for preventing excessive alcohol use. Program Overview.
- Prevalence of Alcohol Dependence Among US Adult Drinkers, 2009–2011
- The Surprising Link Between Alcohol and Cancer
- Vital Signs: Alcohol Screening and Brief Counseling
- Binge Drinking Video
- Regulating Alcohol Outlet Density: An Action Guide
- Youth Exposure to Alcohol Advertising on Television — 25 Markets, United States, 2010
Infographic: What is excessive alcohol use?
- Page last reviewed: November 17, 2014
- Page last updated: November 17, 2014
- Content source: