The Vision Health Initiative works with the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) to support public health agencies and their partners to engage in activities designed to improve vision and eye health. The three-year funding opportunity implores states to engage in collaborative strategies that will serve vision and eye health and develop realistic and feasible plans to sustain funded activities beyond the funding period.
State partnership projects aim to:
- Characterize and monitor the public health burden of eye disease and vision loss.
- Promote systems change to prevent vision loss and enhance access to eye care.
- Implement promising interventions related to vision and eye health.
- Engage and convene stakeholders to identify promising strategies for improving access to vision and eye care throughout the state.
- Develop state-level champions for vision and eye health.