State and Community Partnerships
Building State Capacity to Improve Vision and Eye Health
The Vision Health Initiative works with the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) to support public health agencies and their partners to engage in activities designed to improve vision and eye health.
State partnership projects aim to:
- Characterize and monitor the public health burden of eye disease and vision loss.
- Promote systems change to prevent vision loss and enhance access to eye care.
- Implement promising interventions related to vision and eye health.
- Engage and convene stakeholders to identify promising strategies for improving access to vision and eye care throughout the state.
- Develop state-level champions for vision and eye health.