SchoolVaxView For Parents
In a school setting, germs that can cause vaccine-preventable diseases can spread quickly among children. Getting the proper vaccines from a health care professional can help children’s bodies guard against germs that cause illness. That’s why all 50 states and the District of Columbia require certain vaccinations before a child can enroll in school. Some may require vaccinations before a child can enter child care or preschool. As a parent, you may have questions about shots, diseases shots can help prevent, and requirements. Please check with your health care provider or your school about vaccinations recommended to protect your child and your school vaccination requirements.
Visit State School and Childcare Vaccination Laws for information on exemption laws.
Use this tool to link to websites for state health departments, immunization programs, and requirements.
- Immunizations and Developmental Milestones for Your Child from Birth Through 6 Years Old [2 pages]
- Recording immunizations
- 2017 Recommended Immunizations for Children from Birth Through 6 Years Old [2 pages]
- Vaccines for Your Children
- VFC Information for Parents
- Health Insurance Marketplace (Affordable Care Act)
- Page last reviewed: October 12, 2017
- Page last updated: October 12, 2017
- Content source: