Become a Mentor
The application period for the 2023 cohort is now closed.
If you have significant e-learning instructional design and development experience and would like to share your passion for creating quality training, consider becoming an ELI mentor. We accept applications for mentors year-round. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your work and related education experience, with links to e-learning products you’ve created.
ELI mentors should possess the following qualifications:
- A master’s level degree in education (instructional design, instructional technology, and educational technology preferred) combined with three or more years of work experience designing and developing e-learning products, or
- Five or more years of experience designing and developing e-learning products, preferably in the public health
- Proficient development skills using Lectora, Captivate, and/or Storyline
We are looking for mentors from these sectors:
- National, state, local, territorial, and tribal public health organizations
- Federal agencies
- Public health schools or programs
- Non-profit public health organizations
- Clinical settings, like hospitals, medical centers, primary care clinics, pharmacies.
We expect ELI mentors to
- work closely with their assigned fellow to monitor their progress, provide guidance and technical assistance, and help address challenges.
- provide formal presentations for the cohort, as an individual presenter or co-presenter
- devote, on average, one hour per month to mentoring support
- attend the final showcase event at the end of the fellowship. Workload, upcoming travel, and existing commitments should be carefully considered before applying. Supervisory approval is required to participate.