Spirochete Request For Training
The Division of STD Prevention’s Laboratory Reference and Research Branch offers T. pallidum spirochetes in aliquots of 0.5 ml – 1.0 ml for training on the use of dark field microscopy. This is offered specifically to public health laboratories and institutions within the United States for training purposes only. Please contact Dr. Allan Pillay at 404-639-2140 or email@example.com to request live cryopreserved spirochetes.
- The requestor agrees to follow all necessary safety precautions involved with the handling of live spirochete organisms including but not limited to the use of adequate personal protection equipment
- The requestor acknowledges the spirochetes will be used only for the intended purpose of laboratory training for dark field microscopy. Vials are provided as 0.5 ml – 1.0 ml aliquots with ≥5 – 10 organisms per coverslip
- The requestor acknowledges that spirochetes will only be shipped to domestic addresses
- Requests for spirochetes must be submitted at least 14 business days in advance of expected shipment
All of the following information must be included in your email in order for a request to be considered.
- Requestor information:
- Institution Type:
- US Public Health Institution
- Number of vials needed:
- Purpose or intended use:
- Institution Fedex Account:
- Date needed: