10.11 Appendix K - List of Suggested Trainings
The following is a list of suggested trainings. This list is not exhaustive and trainings may vary by staff role. Please contact your CDC program consultant for assistance on finding trainings relevant to your program.
Some examples include:
- Appropriate and effective questions to use when attempting to elicit partner information for online partners
- Acceptable content and wording of IPS profiles
- Use of approved, standardized online correspondences and providing guidance for instances that require variation from the script
- Reviewing case scenarios and best practices from other programs or health jurisdictions that have successfully implemented IPS
- Data collection and entry
- Basics of the Internet: Internet service providers (ISP), websites, chat rooms, Instant Messaging (IM) services, mobile apps, texting, terminology, and iconography.
- Cultural competency including who, why, when, and how the Internet is used for sex-seeking, terminology, etiquette, and navigation
- Internet safety and the various levels of confidentiality associated with different methods of online communication
- Hands-on website experience.
- Page last reviewed: January 20, 2016
- Page last updated: January 20, 2016
- Content source: