NOFO: PS19-1907 – STD Surveillance Network (SSuN)
STD Surveillance Network
CDC announces availability of fiscal year 2019 funding for a cooperative agreement for the STD Surveillance Network (SSuN). This program proposes new approaches to community-based enhanced and sentinel surveillance that integrates monitoring of STDs, HIV co-morbidity and selected demographic and behavioral data.
Systematic, ongoing collection of patient-level information to monitor the occurrence of, and factors associated with, STDs is the foundation upon which STD control programs are based. Reporting to CDC is limited and does not provide some information needed to characterize STDs and co-occurring epidemics, or to identify opportunities and gaps in sexual health and STD-related, high impact HIV prevention. This NOFO addresses these and related STD surveillance priorities.
- Sentinel surveillance of patients presenting for care in specialty STD clinics
- Case-based enhanced STD surveillance (gonorrhea & syphilis in initial periods)
- Monitoring of HIV co-morbidity and STD-related HIV prevention outcomes
- Supplemental project activities may include:
- Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) prevalence monitoring in STD clinics
- Enhanced and syndromic surveillance for neuro/ocular and otic syphilis
- Enhanced surveillance for Chlamydia trachomatis
- Implementation of HL7 case reporting to CDC
- Technical assistance to STD PCHD recipients implementing enhanced gonorrhea surveillance
Eligible applicants for CDC-RFA-PS19-1907External are limited to states and, in consultation with the state health authority, any political subdivision of states (per the program’s authorizing statute).
Applications close on May 15, 2019
For questions about the NOFO, please write to: email@example.com.