CDC Grant Funding Profiles The CDC Grant Funding Profiles site provides interactive data and summaries of CDC cooperative agreement and grant funding to recipients in US states and territories, and the District of Columbia, starting with fiscal year 2010. View by: Summary | Funding Query | Funding Category
- CDC's 6th E-Learning Institute Fellowship 10/16/2018 12:57:00 PMCalling all public health instructional designers and health educators! CDC, in partnership with the Public Health Foundation, invites professionals who develop online training products to apply for CDC's free, six-month E-learning Institute (ELI) fellowship. Applicants do not need to have formal education in training development; ELI expert training developers serve as mentors for the fellows. Learn more about ELI and apply before November 2.
- Implementing the CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain10/9/2018 11:19:00 AMCDC has released a new tool in the fight against opioids-the Quality Improvement and Care Coordination: Implementing the CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain resource. This resource offers primary care providers, hospitals, and healthcare systems a framework for managing patients who are on long-term opioid therapy.
- Call for Public Comments on Community Health and Prosperity Report10/2/2018 11:56:00 AMThe US Surgeon General has published a federal register notice and seeks comments to inform his report and call to action on community health and prosperity. The Office of the Surgeon General, with support from CDC, plans to develop and produce a report by the Surgeon General on the link between investments in community health and community and other measures of well-being and economic prosperity. Share the link with your partners and stakeholders that might be interested in commenting. The comment period ends November 5, 2018.
- State- and Territory-Specific 2017 Data on Adult Obesity Prevalence9/26/2018 10:49:00 AMCDC released new data on self-reported adult obesity prevalence for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico. Key highlights from the data analysis include a data table with adult obesity prevalence by state and territory for 2016 and 2017, a data table with adult obesity prevalence by sociodemographic characteristics for 2017, and data tables with combined adult obesity prevalence by race/ethnicity and state and territory for 2015-2017. State and community leaders, employers, government agencies, healthcare providers, and individuals all have an important role in preventing and managing obesity.
- Public Health Surveillance: Preparing for the Future9/14/2018 10:00:00 AMCollecting data, connecting data, and using data to inform action is one of the most foundational activities of public health. This new CDC report chronicles CDC's efforts to improve the agency's surveillance systems and approaches. The report gives an in-depth look at the initiatives, innovation, and partnerships that took place under CDC's Surveillance Strategy from 2014 to today. It also describes ongoing improvements and a vision for the future to encompass both public health data and IT modernization.
- Page last reviewed: October 19, 2018
- Page last updated: October 19, 2018
- Content source: