Most people with a Salmonella infection experience:
- Diarrhea (that can be bloody)
- Stomach cramps
Some people may also have nausea, vomiting, or a headache.
Symptoms usually start within 6 hours–6 days after infection and last 4–7 days.
Should I call the doctor?
Call the doctor if you have:
- Diarrhea and a fever higher than 102°F
- Diarrhea for more than 3 days that is not improving
- Bloody stools
- Prolonged vomiting that prevents you from keeping liquids down
- Signs of dehydration, such as:
- Making very little urine
- Dry mouth and throat
- Dizziness when standing up