Seattle Quarantine Station
The Quarantine Station phone numbers below are for public health partners only.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please visit CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please direct your inquiry to CDC-INFO by calling 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) or submitting your inquiry online. All media inquiries should be directed to 404-639-3286 or email@example.com.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Seattle. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes, cargo vessels, and other conveyances at international ports of entry within jurisdiction.
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with specific medical conditions.
- Partner with Canada on cross-border emergency response planning.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Partner with other federal agencies, local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
Annual Ports of Entry Statistics
Number of international passengers
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport: 1.9 million
- Portland International Airport: 250,000
- 637,000 international cruise and cargo ship passengers and crew
Major Land Border Crossings (Washington)
Number of travelers
- Blaine: 10.1 million
- Sumas: 2.1 million
- Point Roberts: 1.6 million
(206) 553-4519 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This phone number is for public health partner use only.
Office Hours of Operation:
7 days per week: 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. PT