Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
- Health Department Directories
- Supporting the Performance Improvement Workforce
- CDC Support to Health Officials
- Resources for New Health Officials
- National Health Initiatives, Strategies & Action Plans
- Public Health Economics
- Alerts About Current & Projected Funding Opportunities
- Health Agency Profiles
- Community Health Assessment & Planning
- Are You a State, Tribal, Local, or Territorial Public Health Professional?12/5/2022 9:00:00 AMDon't miss news from CDC's CSTLTS, delivered right to your inbox! With our monthly digest, you'll find the latest news, events, and trainings-all designed to help you move public health forward. This month, learn about recruitment details for the Public Health Associate Program, Public Health Workforce Calculator, ASTHO's Suicide, Overdose, and Adverse Childhood Experiences Prevention Capacity Assessment Tool (SPACECAT). Subscribe to the digest by clicking the link.
- Public Health Thank You Day11/22/2022 9:45:00 AMThank you, public health professionals! On this Public Health Thank You Day, we recognize you for your tireless contributions to public health and dedication to improving the health of all communities. Your work is necessary and does not go unnoticed!
- The National Network of Public Health Institutes launched the Indigenous Public Health Leadership Program with CSTLTS Funding11/14/2022 10:18:00 AMThe program is a leadership training institute for emerging American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) public health leaders who serve AI/AN communities. The first cohort received training over six months in core public health competencies with a focus on key issues affecting Tribal communities. A second cohort will begin in early 2023. Click on the link to watch a short video and hear from program participants:
- Attention Public Health Professionals: Learn New Skills in Public Health Through CDC's Many Training and Professional Development Resources11/11/2022 9:07:00 AMTraining and professional development strengthen the public health workforce by helping professionals learn new skills and advance their careers. CDC offers many training and professional development opportunities for current and future public health workers.
- November is National American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month 11/9/2022 12:44:00 PMThis year's theme, "Sovereignty Is Sacred: Sharing Our Rights and Cultures," presents an opportunity to educate others about the proud history of indigenous people in America and to celebrate the rich and diverse tribal cultures that continue to thrive throughout Indian Country.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services (EPHS) describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake. On September 9, 2020, a revised EPHS framework and graphic was released. The revised EPHS is intended to bring the framework in line with current and future public health practice.