Funding Opportunity: Addressing Conditions to Improve Population Health (ACTion)
Notice of Funding Opportunity: CDC-RFA-DP-23-0058 Addressing Conditions to Improve Population Health (ACTion)
Deadline for Applications: June 30, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
The CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP) announces the availability of funds to state, local, territorial, and tribal jurisdictions that are ready to take ACTion (Addressing Conditions To improve population health) in communities to implement policy, systems, and environmental change (PSE) interventions that address Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) to reduce chronic disease related disparities, risk factors, and inequities.
This NOFO incorporates lessons learned from fiscal year (FY) 21 (DP21-2111) and FY 22 (DP22-2210) SDOH Accelerator Grants to address SDOH through PSE changes that improve health equity. Specific outcomes include:
- Changes in group and organizational behavior and norms.
- Adoption of new policies and practices.
- Changes in availability and accessibility of health care and community services.
Five (5) applicants are expected to be funded to complete 3-year ACTion projects focused on implementing established plans that include PSE interventions in 1 of 4 SDOH domains. The SDOH domains prioritized for these projects include:
- Built Environment (emphasis on Housing and Transportation)
- Community-Clinical Linkages
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Social Connectedness
Awards will be up to $500,000 per applicant each year.
CDC held a 90-minute informational call on May 11, 2023 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time for those interested in applying. View informational call script.
A letter of intent (LOI) is optional. Applicants should indicate where they are physically located and the SDOH domain they are proposing to work in. The purpose of a LOI is to allow CDC program staff to estimate the number of and plan for the review of submitted applications. The LOI should be sent via email by May 31, 2023, to ACTion@cdc.gov.
- Publication date: May 1, 2023
- Application date: June 30, 2023
- Informational Call: May 11, 2023 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time
- Letter of Intent Due: May 31, 2023
- CDC Budget Preparation Guidelines
- Understanding Eligibility
- Understanding Strategies
- The last day to submit questions regarding DP-23-0058 is June 23, 2023 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
Submit Letter of Intent by May 31, 2023
Apply for this Funding OpportunityExternal Link Icon
Frequently Asked Questions
Informational Call Script
Submit a Question
CDC’s Direct FY 23 Appropriations[PDF - 486 KB]
CDC NCCDPHP’s FY 23 Appropriations