Graduate Training, Certification Programs & Degree Programs
This page highlights formal education opportunities for students and professionals interested in learning more about Total Worker Health® approaches. Universities are expanding the reach of Total Worker Health (TWH) through training programs with the goal of advancing worker safety, health, and well-being. Professionals hoping to increase knowledge in TWH approaches, or anyone interested in the field of occupational safety and health, occupational psychology, human resources, benefit design, employee assistance and related programs, may find these programs beneficial.
Certificate in TWH at the Colorado School of Public Healthexternal icon
- Online Certificate offered by the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health at the Colorado School of Public Health and the University of Colorado Denver.
- Prepares professionals with skills to apply research to practice; to design, implement, and lead science-based workplace interventions; and assume key leadership roles in the public health, occupational safety and health, and business communities.
- 15 credit hour online certificate
Certificate in TWH at the Gillings School of Public Healthexternal icon
- Certificate program offered onsite by the North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Education and Research Center and the Department of Health Behavior at the Gillings School of Public Health.
- Trains students to have the skills to plan, implement, and evaluate integrated interventions as part of a cross-disciplinary team.
- 9 credit hour certificate
Certificate in TWH at Northern Kentucky Universityexternal icon
- Certificate offered by the Department of Psychological Science at Northern Kentucky University.
- Focuses on safety, health, and well-being in the workplace. Emphasizes applying scientific findings to various workplace settings to improve employee and organizational health.
- 18 credit hour certificate
Certificate in Workplace Health Promotion at Western Kentucky Universityexternal icon
- Graduate Certificate in Workplace Health Promotion offered by Western Kentucky University’s Department of Public Health.
- Enables students to blend health education, program planning, communication, and health and safety in a unique way. Provides graduates with a comprehensive skill base for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of health promotion programs in a work environment, as well as effective communication techniques and a basic understanding of workplace hazards.
- 15 credit hour certificate
TWH Track at The University of Texasexternal icon
- Offered by the University of Texas School of Public Health’s Southwest Center for Occupational and Environmental Health.
- Total Worker Healthtrack within the PhD program in Environmental Sciences, within the Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Program.
- Comprises research in worker well-being, practice-based training, and interdisciplinary collaboration with trainees in other related departments.
To share information about a certification, degree program, or graduate training in TWH, please contact email@example.com.