LONG-HAUL TRUCK DRIVERS
- Older Drivers in the Workplace: Crash Prevention for Employers and Workers
Fact sheet on safety concerns of older drivers.
- Work-Related Roadway Crashes: Challenges and Opportunities for Prevention
Crash prevention factors and special topics.
- Overtime and Extended Work Shifts: Recent Findings on Illnesses, Injuries, and Health Behaviors
A review of research reports that examine the associations between long working hours and illnesses, injuries, health behaviors, and performance.
- Plain Language About Shiftwork
Information on the health and safety effects of shiftwork.
- Truck Driver Occupational Safety and Health: 2003 Conference Report and Selective Literature Review
A report from a conference held in April 2003 at Wayne State University to discuss the occupational safety and health of commercial motor vehicle drivers.
- Quick Sleep Tips for Truck Drivers
This brochure highlights the importance of sleep for safety and health and gives suggestions for improving sleep.
- Sleep is Important for the Long Haul (Postcard 1) and Sleep is Important for the Long Haul (Postcard 2)
These postcards can be used to raise awareness about sleep health. The Sleep is Important for the Long Haul postcard is 4.25 × 5.5 inches (standard size). These postcards can be printed 4 cards per sheet (8.5 × 11 inches). We recommend using perforated postcard paper or card stock.
- Working With Stress
An educational video on work stress discusses work organization factors and interventions.
- Improved Safety for Truck Drivers: Designing Safer Cabs Based on Driver Body Dimensions
Information on a NIOSH study that measured the body dimensions of truck drivers. This data was shared with the trucking industry to help design safer and more comfortable truck cabs.
Related NIOSH Topics
- Motor Vehicle Safety
- Transportation, Warehousing and Utilities
- Work Schedules: Shift Work and Long Work Hours
Related NIOSH Science Blogs
- Long-Haul Truck Driver Health Survey Results
- Sleep and Work
- Thank You Truck Drivers!
- Truck Driver Safety and Health
Social Media Links
NIOSHTIC-2 Search Results on Long-haul Truck Drivers
NIOSHTIC-2 is a searchable bibliographic database of occupational safety and health publications, documents, grant reports, and journal articles supported in whole or in part by NIOSH.
- Page last reviewed: February 25, 2015
- Page last updated: June 22, 2015
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Division of Surveillance, Hazard Evaluations and Field Studies