Mining Publication: Inquiring Ears Want to Know: A Fact Sheet about Your Hearing Test
Original creation date: November 2007
Many workers receive an audiogram (hearing test) at some point, especially if they are in a hearing conservation program, but what do the results mean? This single page (two-sided) fact sheet contains important answers to frequent questions workers ask about their audiograms. It addresses why workers should get regular audiograms, how to understand the results, and why the results should be saved to help evaluate and maintain the worker's hearing. It also has some basic information on the causes of hearing loss and how to prevent it.
Authors: RL Hudak, TY Schulz, RF Randolph
Brochure/flyer - November 2007
NIOSHTIC2 Number: 20032802
Pittsburgh, PA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2008-102, 2007 Nov; :1-2
Brochure/flyer - Spanish - November 2007
NIOSHTIC2 Number: 20035797
O�dos curiosos desean saber Datos importantes acerca de su examen auditivo. Pittsburgh, PA: E.U. Departamento de Salud y Servicios Humanos, Servicio de Salud P�blica, Centros para el Control y Prevenci�n de Enfermedades, Instituto Nacional para la Seguridad y Salud Ocupacional, DHHS (NIOSH) No. 2008-102SP, 2007 nov;
Enlace a la versión en español de la portada.
- Contemporary Technology for Hearing Conservation Audiometric Monitoring
- Evaluation and Development of Hearing Loss Interventions
- Hearing Loss Prevention in Mining - 2005
- Hearing Loss Prevention in Mining - 2006
- MultiFit4: An Improved System for Insert-Type
- NIOSH Hearing Loss Prevention Unit is at CONEXPO-CON/AGG
- NIOSH Hearing Loss Simulator Instruction and Training Guide
- Noise and Hearing Protection: Development of Two Training Exercises for Drillers
- What Does a Hearing Loss Sound Like?
- Working in Noise with a Hearing Loss: Perceptions from Workers, Supervisors, and Hearing Conservation Program Managers
- Page last reviewed: 8/20/2014
- Page last updated: 8/20/2014
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program