Mining Product: Blast Area Security
Original creation date: January 2007
This 5-minute video provides information about blast area security to those working around blast sites.
The target audience includes employees, blast crew members, trainees, subcontractors, vendors, and visitors to the worksite. The downloadable documents include questions that address particular blasting safety issues for both general audiences, blast crews, and blasters to expand on the points made in the video.
This video is available in four Windows Media (wmv) versions - downloadable and streaming, high and medium resolution.
Audience: Employees, blast crew members, trainees, subcontractors, vendors, and visitors to surface mining worksites
Video - January 2007
Pittsburgh, PA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 2007
This video can be streamed from YouTube or a ZIP file containing a WMV file and a SRT closed caption file can be downloaded for local playback when streaming is not feasible. To use the ZIP file, download it to your computer and expand the contents into a folder of your choice. The SRT caption file will provide closed captions when using a compatible media player.
- Blasting and Explosives
- Blasting Safety - Revisiting Site Security
- Modernization and Further Development of the NIOSH Mine Emergency Response Training System (MERITS), Phase 1
- Securing the Blast Site to Prevent Blasting Related Injuries: Blasting Safety - Revisiting Site Security
- A Summary of Fatal Accidents Due to Flyrock and Lack of Blast Area Security in Surface Mining, 1989 to 1999
- Technology News 491 - NIOSH Releases Two New Safety Training Videos
- Technology News 502 - A New Training Video for Aggregate Operators: Aggregate Training for the Safety Impaired
- Technology News 522 - Blast Area Security: Flyrock Safety
- Technology News 524 - HazComWriter Compliance Tool for MSHA Rule 30 CFR Part 47 or OSHA Rule 29 CFR 1910.1200
- Toolbox Training on Flyrock Awareness
- Page last reviewed: 10/22/2016
- Page last updated: 6/1/2015
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program