Mining Contract: Modification and Approval of Mine Rescue Support Machine
This technology could be valuable to mine rescue personnel, who could put this machine to work performing difficult tasks or going into areas of a mine environment that may not be safe for crews to enter.
Contract Status & Impact
This contract is complete. To receive a copy of the final report, send a request to email@example.com.
A prototype mine rescue support machine design was developed and built based on input from the mine rescue community. The prototype was well-received by mine rescue personnel, some of whom thought it could benefit mine rescue and recovery work by not only making it easier to perform tough tasks, but also by reducing exposure of personnel to potential hazards, and thus improving safety. The experience gained during these operational training exercises resulted in several requested modifications to the prototype to improve its functionality during mine emergency response. The machine will need approval by MSHA in order to be used in a real-world mine rescue environment
These modifications as well as permissibility certification are being addressed under the current contract.
- Development and Demonstration of a Robotic Support Vehicle for Underground Mine Rescue Efforts
- Development and Testing of a Mine Escape Vehicle (MEV)
- Efficiency Improvement Study of Mine Rescue Breathing Apparatus and Development of an Improved Prototype CCBA
- Gemini-Scout Mine Rescue Vehicle Update
- Mine Rescue Training Simulations and Technology
- New Vest Style Escape SCSR Through SCSR Efficiency Improvement Study
- Rapid Rescue Drilling Equipment Transferred to National Mine Health and Safety Academy
- Rapid Response Rescue Drilling System Development for Mine Rescue Application
- Rescue Technologies and Training
- Seismic Detection of Trapped Miners Using In-Mine Geophones