Mining Contract: DPM Research: Monitoring Responses to Ventilation and Control by Water Sprays, and Capacity Building for Mine Ventilation Expertise
In the underground mining environment, where use of diesel-powered equipment is extremely common and airborne pollutants are not easily diluted or removed, diesel particulate matter (DPM) presents a particularly serious occupational health concern because of relatively high exposures. Research under this capacity-building contract focuses on the use of ventilation in controlling DPM levels, particularly in the context of these challenging mining conditions.
Contract Status & Impact
This contract is complete. To receive a copy of the final report, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of capacity-building contracts is to help build the capacity of our nation’s workforce to address critical safety and health problems in U.S. mines by producing graduates with advanced degrees in mining and minerals engineering, and to help develop tenure-track faculty performing research in these areas. Applications for these competitive grants are announced as part of NIOSH OMSHR’s Broad Agency Announcements and are submitted by a Principal Investigator at a U.S. institution offering an ABET-accredited undergraduate degree in mining or minerals engineering.
For further information on capacity-building contracts, please submit a request to email@example.com.
- Aerosols Emitted in Underground Mine Air by Diesel Engine Fueled with Biodiesel
- A Computer Software Program that Estimates Air Quantity Requirements in Large Opening Stone Mines
- DEEP Project on Evaluation of Diesel Particulate Filters at Inco's Stobie Mine
- Diesel Exhaust Aerosol, Review of Measurement Technology
- Differential Pressure as a Measure of Particulate Matter Emissions from Diesel Engines
- The Effectiveness of Selected Technologies in Controlling Diesel Emissions in an Underground Mine: Isolated Zone Study at Stillwater Mining Company's Nye Mine
- Effects of Diesel Exhaust Aftertreatment Devices on Concentrations and Size Distribution of Aerosols in Underground Mine Air
- Instrumentation for Diesel Particulate Matter Emissions Research
- Mutagenicity of Diesel Exhaust Particles from an Engine with Differing Exhaust After Treatments
- Technology News 514 - The Air Quantity Estimator (AQE): A New Computer Software Tool for Large-opening Mine Ventilation Planning