Mining Contract: Identification of Potential Roof Problems Using LED Lighting & Numerical Modeling of Highwall Stability Using FLAC3D
Ground vibration frequencies produced by blasting have a negative effect on highwall stability. This research develops light technology to help roof bolter operators better identify roof problems and uses FLAC3D software to model highwall stability and determine the effects of ground vibrations from blasting.
Contract Status & Impact
This contract is ongoing. For more information on this contract, send a request to email@example.com.
The purpose of capacity-building contracts is to help build the capacity of our nation’s workforce to address critical safety and health problems in U.S. mines by producing graduates with advanced degrees in mining and minerals engineering, and to help develop tenure-track faculty performing research in these areas. Applications for these competitive grants are announced as part of NIOSH OMSHR’s Broad Agency Announcements and are submitted by a Principal Investigator at a U.S. institution offering an ABET-accredited undergraduate degree in mining or minerals engineering.
For further information on capacity-building contracts, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Above-the-Earth Field Contours for a Dipole Buried in a Homogeneous Half-Space
- Degasification System Selection for U.S. Longwall Mines Using an Expert Classification System
- Determination of In Situ Deformation Modulus for Cemented Rockfill
- Effects of Weak Bands on Pillar Stability in Stone Mines: Field Observations and Numerical Model Assessment
- Elastic and Shear Moduli of Coal Measure Rocks Derived from Basic Well Logs Using Fractal Statistics and Radial Basis Functions
- Evaluation of Mine Illumination Systems Using Numerical Modeling
- Pillar Strength and Design Methodology for Stone Mines
- The Potential Impact of Light Emitting Diode Lighting on Reducing Mining Injuries During Operation and Maintenance of Lighting Systems
- Stochastic Modeling of Gob Gas Venthole Production Performances in Active and Completed Longwall Panels of Coal Mines
- Technology News 516 - ARMPS-HWM: New Software for Sizing Pillars for Highwall Mining
- Page last reviewed: 3/15/2017
- Page last updated: 3/15/2017
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program