Mining Contract: Ventilation of Deep Open Pit Mines with Special Reference to Air Inversion in Arctic or Subarctic Regions
With the advancement of open pit mining technology, the depth to which minerals can be profitably mined has increased, resulting in deeper pits than ever before. This contract will evaluate and enhance the atmospheric health and safety conditions in open pit mines, with special reference to air inversion in arctic or subarctic regions.
Contract Status & Impact
This contract is ongoing. For more information on this contract, send a request to email@example.com.
The purpose of capacity-building contracts is to help build the capacity of our nation’s workforce to address critical safety and health problems in U.S. mines by producing graduates with advanced degrees in mining and minerals engineering, and to help develop tenure-track faculty performing research in these areas. Applications for these competitive grants are announced as part of NIOSH OMSHR’s Broad Agency Announcements and are submitted by a Principal Investigator at a U.S. institution offering an ABET-accredited undergraduate degree in mining or minerals engineering.
For further information on capacity-building contracts, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Atmospheric Monitoring
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling for Underground Mines
- Development and Application of Reservoir Models and Artificial Neural Networks for Optimizing Ventilation Air Requirements in Development Mining of Coal Seams
- Evaluation of the Relative Importance of Coalbed Reservoir Parameters for Prediction of Methane Inflow Rates During Mining of Longwall Development Entries
- Make it Safer with Roof Screen
- Modeling and Prediction of Ventilation Methane Emissions of U.S. Longwall Mines Using Supervised Artificial Neural Networks
- Safety Aspects of Mine Ventilation Through Technical Development and Training
- Safety, Health, and Ventilation Cost Benefit Optimization with Simulation and Control
- Technology News 516 - ARMPS-HWM: New Software for Sizing Pillars for Highwall Mining
- Technology News 535 - NIOSH Releases New Educational Video: Escape from Farmington No. 9: An Oral History
- Page last reviewed: 7/18/2016
- Page last updated: 7/17/2014
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program