Proximity Detection Partnership
This partnership is now closed and future work in this area will be discussed as a function of the new Automation and Emerging Technologies Partnership.
The previous proximity detection partnership addressed issues about proximity warning and collision prevention systems in underground coal mines.
11/14/2018 - Agenda & presentations
- An Active Proximity Warning System for Surface and Underground Mining Applications
- Advances in Proximity Detection Technologies for Surface Mining Equipment
- Effect of Operator Position on the Incidence of Continuous Mining Machine/Worker Collisions
- An Environmentally Robust Proximity Warning System for Hazardous Areas
- Innovative Safety Interventions: Feasibility of Using Intelligent Video for Machinery Applications
- Monitoring Blind Spots: A Major Concern for Haul Trucks
- A Performance Evaluation of Two Overhead Power Line Proximity Warning Devices
- Recommendations for Evaluating & Implementing Proximity Warning Systems on Surface Mining Equipment
- Recommendations for Testing Radar-Based Collision Warning Systems on Heavy Equipment
- Test Results of Collision Warning Systems for Surface Mining Dump Trucks