Diesel Exhaust Health Effects Partnership
A partnership between MSHA and NIOSH to share information on issues related to diesel exhaust and potential health effects.
The partnership held a Diesel Technology Workshop on January 23, 2019, in Washington, D.C.
MSHA has extended the comment period for the Agency's Request for Information on Exposure of Underground Miners to Diesel Exhaust through March 26, 2019.
- 1/23/2019 - Diesel Technology Workshop - Agenda with links to presentations
- 7/27/2018 - Meeting summary
- 9/16/2017 - Agenda
- 12/8/2016 - MSHA website page with links to agenda, charter, and request for information
Next meeting: Fall-winter 2019, TBA.
- MSHA’s Request for Information on Exposure of Underground Miners to Diesel Exhaust
- Summary of comments to RFI
See MSHA's Diesel Exhaust Health Effects Partnership page for additional details, including latest charter, meeting minutes, and contact information.
- Aerosols Emitted in Underground Mine Air by Diesel Engine Fueled with Biodiesel
- Comparing Measurements of Carbon in Diesel Exhaust Aerosols Using the Aethalometer, NIOSH Method 5040, and SMPS
- A Computer Software Program that Estimates Air Quantity Requirements in Large Opening Stone Mines
- DEEP Project on Evaluation of Diesel Particulate Filters at Inco's Stobie Mine
- Diesel Exhaust Aerosol, Review of Measurement Technology
- Effects of Diesel Exhaust Aftertreatment Devices on Concentrations and Size Distribution of Aerosols in Underground Mine Air
- Effects of Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil on Emissions of Aerosols and Gases from Light-Duty and Medium-Duty Older Technology Engines
- Emissions from a Diesel Engine using Fe-based Fuel Additives and a Sintered Metal Filtration System
- Instrumentation for Diesel Particulate Matter Emissions Research
- Mutagenicity of Diesel Exhaust Particles from an Engine with Differing Exhaust After Treatments
- Real-time Neural Network Application to Mine Fire - Nuisance Emissions Discrimination
- Technology News 514 - The Air Quantity Estimator (AQE): A New Computer Software Tool for Large-opening Mine Ventilation Planning
- Page last reviewed: 1/31/2019
- Page last updated: 1/31/2019
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program