Knowledge and Skill Requirements
These modules require:
- basic familiarity with an Internet browser and computer; and
- no knowledge of statistical software or programming or previous experience with NHANES or CMS datasets and files.
These modules assume:
- basic knowledge of NHANES survey datasets and files, as well as CMS data files;
- basic knowledge and skills in statistical analyses (e.g., ability to run frequently used descriptive and reference statistics, and correctly interpret the results);
- basic knowledge and skills in SAS and SUDAAN statistical software;
- basic statistical understanding of survey sampling;
- basic knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics, and epidemiologic concepts;
- basic statistical understanding of distributions, data transformations and adjustments; and
- basic skill in preparing an analytic dataset with NHANES survey data, as well as CMS data files.
Page last reviewed: June 19, 2018