National Survey of Early Childhood Health
This survey provides national baseline data on pediatric care (and its impact) from the parent’s perspective. Questions focus on the delivery of pediatric care to families with children under 3 years of age and the promotion of young children’s health by families in their homes. Parents of more than 2,000 children were interviewed for this survey.
- Sponsor(s): Major funding for this project was provided by a grant to the American Academy of Pediatricsexternal icon from the Gerber Foundation. Additional support was provided by the Maternal and Child Health Bureauexternal icon and the AAP Friends of Children Fund.
- Period of Data Collection: February–July 2000
- Sample size: 2,068 children
- Sampling Frame: Children age 4-35 months. African-American and Hispanic children were oversampled to permit more precise estimates for these groups.
- Publications and Presentations Using SLAITS Data
- Documentationtxt icon [TXT – 3 KB]
- Survey Instrumentpdf icon [PDF – 108 KB]
- Survey Instrument – Spanishpdf icon [PDF – 118 KB]
- Methodology Reportpdf icon [PDF – 2.3 MB]
- Dataset [SAS Dataset – 4.8 MB]
- List of Variablespdf icon [PDF – 77 KB]
- Frequency Countspdf icon [PDF- 108 KB]
- SAS Input Filestxt icon [TXT – 18 KB]