General Information about Mold
Mold can cause many health effects. For some people, mold can cause a stuffy nose, sore throat, coughing or wheezing, burning eyes, or skin rash. People with asthma or who are allergic to mold may have severe reactions. Immune-compromised people and people with chronic lung disease may get infections in their lungs from mold.
Facts about Fungal Infections and Mold Exposures
- Invasive Mold Infections in Immunocompromised People
- Stachybotrys chartarum (aka “black mold”)
- Other fungal infections
Public Service Announcements
Public Service Announcements (videos and audios) about mold and how you can get rid of it.
- Mold Removal After a Disaster (television)
- Preventing Mold After a Disaster (radio) [Español]
- Mold Can Make You Sick After Floods