Biochemicals and Gram Positive Organism ID
This course is part of the Microbiology Series.
This eLearning course familiarizes laboratory professionals with how to read a Gram stain, colonial characteristics, and biochemical tests used to identify Gram positive microorganisms as well as commonly used testing algorithms. The course only covers aerobic microorganisms, those that grow in the presence of oxygen.
At the conclusion of this eLearning, you will be able to:
- Identify different types of bacterial morphology seen on a Gram stain
- Identify different types of colonial characteristics
- Use flowcharts and identification charts to identify some common aerobic Gram positive microorganisms
- Associate various biochemical tests with their correct applications
- Interpret the results of biochemical methods
Continuing Education Credits (CEU)
This course does not offer P.A.C.E® credits. You may receive a course completion certificate without P.A.C.E® credits.