Policy & Recommendations
Below are links to relevant policy documents related to global water, sanitation, and hygiene-related topics from the United Nations (UN) and the Public Library of Science (PLoS).
- UN-Water Decade Programme on Advocacy and Communication (UNW-DPAC). The MDG target on Water and Sanitation Reader. Cdc-pdf[PDF – 8 pages]External Spain: UNW-DPAC; 2010.
The articles below represent a four-part series focused on water and sanitation. They are meant to be read in order.
- Bartram J, Cairncross S. Hygiene, Sanitation, and Water: Forgotten Foundations of Health.External PLoS Med. 2010;7(11):e1000367.
- Hunter PR, MacDonald AM, Carter RC. Water Supply and Health.External PLoS Med. 2010;7(11):e1000361.
- Mara D, Lane J, Scott B, Trouba D. Sanitation and Health.External PLoS Med. 2010;7(11):e1000363.
- Cairncross S, Bartram J, Cumming O, Brocklehurst C. Hygiene, Sanitation, and Water: What Needs to Be Done?External PLoS Med. 2010;7(11):e1000365.