One of the key steps in the health communication and social marketing process is identifying the population segments that can benefit from a specific health behavior. The more you know about your primary segment, the better you can reach them with messages, activities and policies. Your upfront research includes understanding the needs and wants of the target audience on a more personal level, and their motivations and lifestyles so you can truly engage with them. This effort will pay dividends later when you begin preparing your campaign activities, health messages, channels and campaign materials.
- Latin American Network Information CenterExternal – Resources for Latin Americans.
- NSW Multicultural Health Communication ServiceExternal – Resource to help health professionals communicate with non-English speaking communities throughout NSW.
- Overview of Health Literacy – Information and Resources about Health Literacy.
- What We Know About… Health literacy? Cdc-pdf[253 KB, 5 pages] – A report providing a summary on Health Literacy research.
- The HHS National Action Plan to Improve Health LiteracyExternal – A summary about the National Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy.