- Construction of LMS Parameters for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2000 Growth Charts [PDF - 86 KB]. National Health Statistics Report, No. 63. 4pp. (PHS) 2013-1250. February 11, 2013.
- 2000 CDC Growth Charts for the United States: Methods and Development [PDF - 10 MB]. Series Report 11, No. 246. 201 pp. May 2002.
Errata: In Table 24, the last 4 columns are mislabled. The correct headings for these columns are: 85th, 90th, 95th and 97th percentiles.
- CDC Growth Charts: United States [PDF - 407 KB]. Advance Data, No. 96. 28 pp. (PHS) 2000-1250.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) sponsored a series of workshops to obtain expert input for revising the NCHS growth charts. The overall purpose of each workshop was to seek opinions and have discussions that would give guidance on various topics to be dealt with during the growth chart revision process. These growth chart workshops were not designed to achieve consensus at the time of the meeting. Instead, the workshops were intended to provide options and recommendations that would be considered by CDC, NCHS in making final decisions on how best to proceed. As the revision process moved ahead, various alternatives were evaluated at the workshops.
The first workshop was designed to solicit general suggestions and recommendations on approaches that could be taken in the revision process and to address a variety of specific questions that had been drafted prior to the workshop. Two subsequent workshops, for which summary reports are available, examined issues identified at the initial workshop that would require further in-depth discussions with the input of additional experts.
Shortly after they were held, three of these workshops were summarized in documents that provided an accurate account of the topics discussed at each workshop. Readers should be aware that for various reasons, some options documented in these summary reports were not followed as originally planned: some choices were kept as initially proposed; and others were modified. The workshop reports include appendices with supporting data and references. Following are the three workshops for which summary reports are available:
- Executive Summary of the Growth Chart Workshop 1992 [PDF - 4.8 MB]. 88 pp.
- Executive Summary of Workshop to Consider Low Birthweight in Relation to the Revision of the NCHS Growth Charts for Infancy (Birth-3 Years) [PDF - 6.2 MB]. 68 pp. (PHS) 99-1255
- Executive Summary of Workshop to Consider Secular Trends and Possible Pooling of Data in Relation to the Revision of the NCHS Growth Charts [PDF - 2.5 MB]. 47 pp.