03/02/2022: Lab Alert: FDA Says Do Not Use These Unauthorized COVID-19 Tests
Audience: Individuals Performing COVID-19 Testing
Level: Laboratory Alert
On March 1, 2022, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued three safety communications:
FDA is concerned about the risk of false results when using these unauthorized tests.
We encourage you to review these safety communications in detail and share this message widely with your networks.
- Self-Testing at Home or Anywhere
- Interim Guidance for Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2
- Testing Strategies for SARS-CoV-2
- Information for Laboratories about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Laboratories
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
- If you are a clinical or public health laboratory professional, contact LOCS.
- For media inquiries, contact the CDC Newsroom.
- For all other questions, contact CDC-INFO.